​​​​​Marino Tactical Training, Inc.

Call us at 302-542-3755 or email at [email protected]

​​​​I live in Delaware and am interested in getting a concealed carry permit. Where do I start?
Delaware concealed carry permits, or "CCDW" permits are offered to Delaware resident's only. First you should review Delaware's eligibility requirements here. If you meet the criteria necessary, you can download your application and instructions from the same link. One of Delaware's requirement's is to take a course of instruction specific to Delaware permits, which we will gladly provide! Also, we will review the CCDW process during our class and provide tips and suggestions for filling out your application.

I live outside of Delaware and am interested in getting a concealed carry permit. Where do I start?
Each State has it's own regulations regarding carry permits. The best place to start is at your home State's website for the issuing authority. For example, Maryland permits are issued by the State Police, Florida permits are issued by the Department of Agriculture, Pennsylvania permits are issued by each County, etc. Once you learn your State's requirements, you can follow the application process accordingly. We have a thorough understanding of most nearby State's procedures, so please don't hesitate to email your questions to us. Another option is to obtain a non-resident permit from a State other than your home State. Utah has the greatest reciprocity program and allows a permit holder to carry in approximately 36 States. 

How much does a DE permit cost?
The total cost of a permit may vary based on several factors, including cost of the required course, ammunition, public notices, etc. Normal costs involved with the Delaware permit are:
Application fee-$65 plus notary fees
Running a public notice in local newspaper-$20-$119 (depending on which paper)
Background check/fingerprinting-$69.00
Course fee-$125 (for our course) or up to $400 (for other trainers)
Passport style photographs- $5-$15
Ammunition/supplies for course - $20 to $50 (depending on firearm caliber and other factors) 

How much does a Utah permit cost?

Our class is $75. That includes all the required materials, fingerprinting and photograph. The application fee for Utah is not included. Currently that fee is $54 for residents and $64 for non-residents. 

Where are your CCDW courses valid?
Our DE CCDW course is valid for the Delaware resident permit, as well as Virginia, Florida, Arizona and many other States non-resident permits. Our Utah CFP permit is valid for Utah resident or non-resident permits, as well as Virginia, Florida, Arizona and many other States non-resident permits. We are also certified to teach MD and NJ courses. 

What is reciprocity?
Recently, many States have seen that the issuing of valid CCDW permits to law abiding citizenry is indeed a deterrent to crime. Accordingly, many States have started participating in reciprocity programs. Reciprocity is when one State honors the CCDW permit of another State. As an example, a Delaware resident with a valid CCDW permit may legally carry in approximately 24 other States with their DE permit. It is important to note that any person carrying under reciprocity must research and abide by the most current applicable laws in whatever jurisdiction they are visiting!

If I get the Utah permit, where can I carry?

It depends. Utah has reciprocity with approximately 36 States. Some of those States will only honor a Utah RESIDENT permit. In those States, you cannot carry with a Utah non-resident permit. 

I live in Maryland. Can I get a permit?
Absolutely! Maryland Wear and Carry permits are issued to anyone who meets the State requirements. To check eligibility and apply click here. If you travel in other jurisdictions frequently, you may be able to use the reciprocity program to your benefit by getting an out of State permit. For MD residents who frequent Delaware, I suggest a Utah CFP non-resident permit. 

I have a criminal record. Can I still get a permit?
It depends. For convictions of serious crimes, such as felony arrests, drug convictions, domestic violence etc, you will likely be denied. For that matter, you are probably prohibited from owning or possessing weapons. For less serious transgressions, it is up to the authority who reviews your application. In most States, a person with a minor alcohol or criminal conviction, may still be able to obtain a permit as long as a certain amount of time has elapsed since the conviction. 

I have a bad driving record and/or DUI. Does that matter?
Again, it depends. A few speeding, parking or equipment violations here and there will most likely not hinder your chance of approval. More serious violations such as reckless or aggressive driving convictions, DUI's, or repeated dangerous moving violations such as speeding, may result in permit denial. 

What if I take your CCDW course and get denied?
Your permit may be denied for a number of reasons. In some cases, they are denied "temporarily", until further requirements are met, such as incomplete or insufficient information on your application. In those cases, when the information is corrected, the permit may be granted. In other cases, applications are totally denied. Unfortunately, Marino Tactical Training, Inc has no say in whether or not your permit is approved. In the event an application is denied, you usually have the right to file an appeal with the governing authority, and request a hearing. Regardless of whether your application is approved or denied, we cannot refund any cost associated with the course. But on the bright side, you got some great training!

Is there any way to know if I can get a permit for sure before paying for a DE CCDW course?

YES! Some trainers may not want you to know this, but Delaware CCDW applicants may complete all of the other application requirements first. You can then file your application and if granted, you will get what is referred to as a "pending approval". Once you have that, you can complete the required course, then file your certificate of course completion with the Court. The down side is that it normally takes longer to do this than to file everything at once. I suggest this course of action for those with questionable driving/criminal records, or for those who are uncomfortable paying for the course until they know they can get the permit. 

Utah, being a "shall issue" state, will grant permits to all qualified applicants. You can review the requirements at http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/

Once I take the course, how long do I have to apply?
Generally, the Court will not honor a DE CCDW course certificate over 1 year old however; I suggest applying within 90 days of course completion. For Utah, the class is valid for one year. 

I don't have a gun. Can I still take a class?

YES! For students without a gun, we do have firearms available. Contact Ginger at 302-542-3755 before the class to make arrangements.  No firearm is required for our Utah CFP class. 

I plan on buying a weapon for concealed carry before the class. What should I get, and can you sell me one?
If you plan on purchasing a weapon for concealed carry, we will gladly offer guidance. Contact us prior to the class, and we will discuss your needs and preferences, and will give suggestions for appropriate handguns. At this time, we do not sell firearms.

I am under 18 years old, can I attend your courses?
You are welcome to attend our basic handgun course however; since you are not eligible for a concealed carry permit it any State, you cannot attend the CCDW or advanced CCDW course. For those under 18 attending the basic handgun course, a parent or guardian must accompany and remain for the course. Delaware and Utah require that applicants be at least 18 years of age.